Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I long for the day...

Tonight as I was making dinner (at 8:30pm) after rushing in from church, I was keeping an eye on my cell phone, waiting for Cliff to call. I stopped and thought for a moment about what it will be like when I am just waiting for him to call and tell me that he is on his way home from work. I long for the day when I can have a (not too hot :) dinner ready and waiting for him every night of the week. (Hmmm, okay lets be realistic. I will at least promise to always have TACO FIXINGS available every night of the week :)
I long to see the boys rush him as he walks through the door, instead of wait in line to speak with him on the phone. I long for the day that I can fall asleep to more of him than just the sound of his voice. I sleep with a cell phone gripped in my hand most nights. When I wake up through the night, I just tap a button and his face lights up on my phone. I take what I can get for now!!
I long for the days to come.... When we are together!

1 comment:

  1. Steph - I hope that you can feel this way about Cliff, for time and eternity! I still get goosebumps when your dad walks in the door!!!

    ReplyDelete