Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Important things....


My parents are in town this weekend for the funeral of a very close friend, Vickie Jo Studstill. Tonight, as I watched and listened to my parents visit with my children, my brother, Simon, and his wife, Mindi... My heart was so thankful for the short time that we had together this evening. It made me miss Cliff more than ever and it has left me with thoughts of the days to come.
I thought of how I rushed around this morning mopping floors and doing laundry when no one would have cared what the house looked like. I know that I should not stress over how clean (or dirty) the kitchen floor is, if my bed is made or if the laundry is all done... WHO AM I KIDDING, THE LAUNDRY IS NEVER ALL DONE!!

The important things are simply being with family. I want to spend every moment I can with those I love. I never realized how much time I spent with my parents until they moved away. Now, I miss them so much that when they are here, it breaks my heart to see them leave. I never realized how wonderful it would be to find someone that would love the boys and I as Cliff does. Now that I know what it is like to have someone special here on Christmas morning, I never want to lose that. I love that Cliff asks about the boys and that they would text him every minute of every day if they could. FAMILY IS IMPORTANT... LOVE IS IMPORTANT... THE TEACHINGS of THE CHURCH are SO IMPORTANT...

Don't get me wrong, I am happy that my floors are mopped and clean but I am more happy that my family is nearly whole. I am happy that Cliff is a righteous priesthood holder and that he is an excellent example to the boys. He is the most kind, respectful, loving person that I have ever known and the boys and I are blessed to know him and to have captured his heart.

I am thankful for the important things in my life tonight and hopefully I will be able to remember them when I am thinking that I would look better driving a TAHOE than a FOCUS or when I think that I should read TWILIGHT for the seventh time and not the Doctrine & Covenants :)

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for you, my dear daughter...and hate the fact that we can't be together every single day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Steph, I miss you! I'm glad (and jealous) that you got to spend a little time with Mom & Dad. How nice!

    I'm also grateful to know that I'm not the only one who would rather read a novel (um yeah, Twilight sounds great!) than the scriptures (it's just easier cause you don't have to think to read a novel...). =)

    You're awesome and I'm so blessed to have you as my sister (even if I NEVER get to see you...at least it feels that way...it's been too long!)!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete